Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Election Day 2010

I can't believe how much I actually paid attention to the election!  I'm so proud of myself for checking news websites and learning more about politics.

This video from The Associated Press is a very helpful guide to this past election.  If you missed something in the news around the nation, this video will tell you what elections were hot.

So it all started when I decided to go vote around 6 p.m. yesterday.  Now, why would I wait that long to decide to just vote?  Well, I just couldn't decide who to vote for.  I didn't like any of the gubernatorial candidates.  I liked Charlie Crist, though.  Even though I'm a registered republican, I liked what Crist said in his campaign messages.

I rode, fighting traffic for 30 minutes on a 20 minute ride to the polls, (and Plant City drivers are MEAN!) got off my motorcycle and walked inside the church where the precinct was set up.  The nice lady standing at the door said I could drop off my stuff and she'd watch it for me.  She was referring to my stuff as my backpack and helmet.  It was a good 25 pounds off my shoulders.

One thing I didn't like was the line.  I always seem to get stuck behind the ones that always have a huge problem that takes forever.  So I stood in line for a good 8 minutes waiting on this stupid bitch.  The lady finally moves on and the woman at the table takes my ID and checks it.  I forgot my address had changed since I was using my mom's address, so while she's checking that, I'm thinking, "omg hurry up."  

She finally gave me the ballot and I went behind the little cardboard props to fill it out.  I read every question and voted as best as I could for the right person.  That was what took me so long to vote. 

I then put the ballot into the machine, which gets better every year.  I think it's so funny that ten years ago, Florida was the retard of the nation with figuring out the ballots.  I once saw a picture of the ballot and saw how confusing it was.  How stupid of Florida's ballot designers.  They should know that Florida is the land of stupid drivers, including stupid voters!  Anyway, I'm glad to see that the technology is improving in Florida, good for this state!

I then left the polls to go see my mom and chat with her, then I went back home and logged on my computer to see the election results.  I probably wouldn't have done this if I didn't vote.  Even though I could care less who becomes governor, I also forgot that I was voting for more than just the governor.  I was voting to change laws and commissioners' jobs. 

I'm glad I voted, even though I'm not happy with the outcome of this election.  I think the republicans need to get their heads out of their asses and just do what the people ask them to do.  And to stop lying, it's really annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment